It’s been cooking for a while, but here’s the official announcement: SP1 was released 🙂. If you wish to evaluate Project Financial Server SP1, please go ahead and request your product key required by the installer. There are great news for developers, too – the updated Software Development Kit (SDK) is worth checking out. We worked hard to ensure that our Project Financial Server blends in smoothly with SharePoint 2010 and Project Server 2010 and we welcome your feedback.
UMT Project Financial Server 2010 Service Pack 1
UMT is excited to announce the availability of UMT Project Financial Server 2010 Service Pack 1 (SP1).
Project Financial Server 2010 SP1 delivers important customer-requested stability and performance improvements and support for global deployments. Some notable new features and general improvements are shown below:
- Globalization: Project Financial Server 2010 is supported and can be deployed on non-English US locales. Number, currency and date formats will be displayed based on the user’s settings
- Localization: In addition to US English, Project Financial Server 2010 has been localized in French, German and Spanish. Additional language packs will be available on demand
- Custom Field Builder: The new custom field builder allows users to create Project Server custom fields mapped to Project Financial Server 2010 time phased cost and benefit data
- Web Part View Mode: View mode for all web parts
- Cost Center filter: Cost Centers that have values are visually highlighted in the Cost Centers list
- Benefit Workflow Actions: Just like for cost data, you can now apply workflow transition events and data validation rules for benefit data
- Financial Metrics: New columns have added to Cost Tracking and Benefits Tracking web parts. The columns below are available:
- Budget/Forecast To Date
- Budget/Forecast YTD
- Budget/Forecast Full Year
- Budget/Forecast All Years
- Forecast Variance Year to date
- Forecast Variance to date
- Forecast Variance All years
- Actuals Year to date
- Actuals To Date
- Actuals All years
- Actuals YTD remaining funds
- Remaining funds
- Actuals Variance
- Actuals Variance Year To Date
- Administration: Web part for project settings, security trimmed. This web part centralizes project-level settings and can be used to send workflow approval emails to specific users.
- Farm Activation Improvements: A new farm-level feature allows for easier activation of the product
- Display number of CALs used: The number of CALs used are now calculated and displayed in the About UMT Project Financial Server 2010 page based on the number of users with Project Financial Server 2010 permissions
- Additional dimensions in the Reporting Cube: The following dimensions have been added to the Project Financial Server 2010 reporting cube:
- Workflow type
- Workflow phase
- Workflow stage
- Project owner
- Performance: General performance improvements have been made across the product
API: API consistency, resiliency and improved data validations
- Permission Consistency and Granularity: Permissions checks have been improved across the product
- Ribbon Consistency: Improvements in displaying hiding/disabling buttons according with the user role
- Claims Authentication: Handling of claims authentication scenarios at install and provisioning has been improved
- Setup & Deployment: Improvements in handling cases where different accounts are used for installing, configuring, deploying PFS
- Browser Compatibility: Internet Explorer 7 rendering improvements
- Deployment: Improvements in re-provisioning, deleting and creating Project Financial Server applications
- Look and feel: Project Financial Server links in quick launch are security trimmed
- Integration: Project Financial Server permissions are added to Project Server default permission groups
- Workflow Improvements:
* Removed CMLeaveStage activity, as it does not have a clear path for stage approval rejected situation
* Renamed CMLeaveStage2 to CMLeaveStage
* Added an initial review stage before InitializeFinancialServer activity
* Added a dedicated “Rejected” stage which is going to be used by LeaveStage activities when rejected
* Added a dedicated “Closed” stage which is the last/final stage in the workflow, on the main flow.
- Deletion: Queue handling of cost node / center deletion
- Farm backup/restore: Farm-level operations now include the Project Financial Server configuration
- EPT Settings: Changing EPT-level settings handling has been improved
- Financial Timeline: Better handling of concurrent changes to Cost and Benefit timelines.
- Error handling: Better consistency and more descriptive messages.
- Look and feel: Better handling of multiple web parts of same type in the same PDP
- Versions: Better handling of versions when underlying data changes (timeline, templates etc.)
- Integration: DB-level consistency with Project Server DB column widths
- Deployment: Removed dependency on Project Server “Project Information” PDP
Where can I download Project Financial Server SP1?
You can download Project Financial Server 2010 SP1 installer, language packs, installation guide and SDK from the links below:
Please contact Ben Chamberlain (firstname.lastname@example.org) for a Project Financial Server 2010 license key.
What is UMT Project Financial Server 2010?
Now more than ever, organizations need to gain visibility and control across both project and portfolio expenditure and more effectively track return on investment (ROI). Project Financial Server 2010 extends Microsoft Project Server 2010 to provide organizations with comprehensive cost and benefits management capabilities across the project life cycle. Project Financial Server 2010 brings together the leading project and portfolio management (PPM) capabilities of Project Server 2010 with comprehensive financial management techniques to provide transparency, control and accountability.
For more information on Project Financial Server 2010 visit www.projectfinancialserver.com