UMT360 Portfolio Manager – integrated with Microsoft PPM platform can be used to conduct “What If” scenarios or check the possible changes across Cost, Benefits, Resources and other dimensions.
Bellow, we will show two sample Power BI Reports over Portfolio Manager:
- Portfolio Manager – a simple and clear Plan/Scenario overview, bringing on the same page, specific metrics for Cost/Benefits/Resources and detailed information from Entities/Resource/Cost or Benefits categories.
- Scenario Comparison – a useful tool that allows us to make comparisons between two or more scenarios and take the best decision by having metrics, Cost and Benefits variations, Resource Cost and Availability for different scenarios – all on the same page.
Used OData views and tables:
- Dimension type tables:
- Total values:
- Timephased values:
For a specific Plan/Scenario we can display:
- Baseline metrics like Number Of Entities, Strategic Yield, Total Budget Cost, Total Budget Benefits, ROI.
- Detailed data from Entities like Start/End date, Approval Status, Overall Health by different decision category type Included/Excluded or Accelerated/Delayed.
- Included Entities are those with BaselineEntityStatusName = “Pipeline” and CurrentEntityStatusName = “In Flight”;
- Excluded Entities have BaselineEntityStatusName = “In Flight” and CurrentEntityStatusName = “Pipeline”;
- Accelerated: CurrentStartDate is before BaselineStartDate;
- Delayed: CurrentStartDate is after BaselineStartDate.
For the selected Plan, Scenario, Summary Field, Resource Dimension, Year we will display the Resource Utilization metric and two detail tables:
- Resource Summary – we can display work variance (compared with Baseline Scenario) for Summary Field Values selected in Summary Field slicer;
- Resource Details – we can display work variance (compared with Baseline Scenario) for the selected Resource Dimension.
This page is similar to the Resources page but will show Resource Availability data instead.
We can check the Total Budget Cost metric and Cost variance (compared with Baseline Scenario) by multiple levels of Cost category for the selected Financial Dimension and Year.
Similar to the Cost page, we can display specific metrics related to Benefits: Total Budget Benefits, ROI, Payback and Benefits variance (compared with Baseline Scenario value) for Benefits category.
Here we can select one Scenario to act as the Baseline Scenario and one or more different Scenarios to be included in the comparison. We can display the metric variance and the associated trend.
We can see the Entity Status roadmap (In-Flight or Backlog) for one or multiple Scenarios:
Resource Values and Resource Availability
Based on the same logic we can pick one Baseline Scenario and one or more Scenarios for comparison.
We can display Resource Cost variance by Resource Dimension, Field Name and Year.
For Resource Availability we can display Available Hours and delta compared with Baseline Scenario.
Cost and Benefits Summary
Here we can see on the same page both Current Values and Baseline Values from the selected Scenarios for available levels of the Cost/Benefits category.